Tuesday, November 29, 2011

a Wretch like me

You were so kind it was scary,
always coming to mind
rewind-remind-hands out
and dreams that meant something

running was more fun
than admitting all the wrong I'd done
Rewind-remind-myself of
how awful I'd been
looking around at all the 'perfect'
people. Hating them for looking at me
hating them for scrutinizing
the needles and the ashes and the red letter
That were home to me.

that day I flew through barbed wire
And fire to land on my face
at Your feet
I didn't ask for mercy,
I didn't ask for a thing,
I just collapsed and waited
for lightning to strike my face
for all the waysthat
I had hurt You.

how is it that You scooped me
Up so tightly, burned my red letter
And all the needs that drove me
to make a wreckage of my heart
And hands?

my record of rights
never met your demands
But you still
rescued me

"But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done but because of HIS mercy" Titus 3:4

No comments:

Post a Comment