Sunday, November 27, 2011

About My mother


I must have believed
at least for a time
that those yellowed teeth
were
sponges pregnant
                      with (some
                      type) of truth
         for,
         although I remember no joy in anticipation,
the lack of delivery
         birthed in me,
a hard and
bitter wisdom.

my sisters,
they were
          knobby-kneed and clumsy,
flocking like seagulls
to the stain
of her
waterless words(

           fuzzy headed baby chicks in the
           swirling cycle of her hand)

Whose sores
sting more?
the  newborn aware for the need of weapons,
who learned to spew poison,
and pushed even milk away?

Or the sparkly eyes
that skipped and
smiled
unexpectantly
                 until the day
their hearts and heads
would come to bleed
in the guillotine
of
reality?

Perhaps
Ignorance is only bliss
If it never  gets unveiled

No comments:

Post a Comment